- Iowa State is expected to watch 2013 PG Monte Morris (Flint Beecher, MI) tonight per @EvanDanielscout – Iowa St last watched Morris Dec. 27
- Notre Dame is watching 2013 PF Kyle Washington (Hotchkiss, CT) today per @Jake_Brown – Iowa State has offered Washington
- An update on 2013 PG Tyler Ennis (St. Benedict's, NJ) from NBE Basketball – http://t.co/dO697jGP
- 2013 Steve Haney has heard from Stanford, Oregon St, Drake, Akron, USF, UCF & FAU recently per @NDKendrick_RR – Iowa St has been interested
- 2013 PG Monte Morris had 15 pts, 11 reb & 9 asts to lead Flint Beecher to a 63-42 win w/ Iowa State & Georgia Tech watching tonight
- 2013 Steven Haney (St. Thomas Aquinas, FL) will be taking an unofficial visit to South Florida today per @TheRecruitScoop – Iowa St offer
- 2013 PF Maverick Morgan attended the Dayton basketball game last night. Morgan has offers from Dayton, Xavier, Iowa St, West Virginia & USC.
- Morgan also told the Springfield (OH) News that he is receiving interest from Big 10 schools and may visit Illinois & Ohio State.
- Rutgers, Drexel, St. Joe's, Temple & Villanova watching Terrence Samuel, Shamiek Sheppard & more today per @TheRecruitScoop
- 2013 F Jermaine Lawrence (Pope John XXIII, NJ formerly Cardozo, NY) attended the Rutgers-Cincy game last night per @NYPost_Brazille
- 2013 PF Maverick Morgan led Springboro (OH) with 25 points, leading to a 68-58 victory over West Carrollton (OH)
- 2013 PG Tyler Ennis plans to take an unofficial visit to Syracuse on February 11 per @AdamZagoria
- 2013 PG Monte Morris (Flint Beecher, MI) had 20 points, 12 rebounds, 8 assists & 5 steals in a victory last night.
- Another visitor added to the list for todays game is Cullen Russo of Quakerdale Prep per @collegebbnews
- Note for those interested, 2014 Rashad Vaughn is not visiting Iowa State today because he is playing tonight via @RyanJamesMN
- 2013 PG Jaylen Brantley had 27 points in a W&M Academy (MA) victory this afternoon
- 2014 PF Chris McCullough had 33 points, 13 rebounds & 4 blocks this evening for Salisbury (CT) per @TheRecruitScoop
- 2014 PG Tyus Jones (Apple Valley, MN) is attending the Minnesota vs Illinois game tonight as a #Gophers guest per @RyanJamesMN
- 2013 SG Jason Boswell (Trinity Catholic, CT) is taking in the Seton Hall game tonight.
- 2014 Rashad Vaughn had 34 points & 10 rebounds this evening for Robbinsdale Cooper (MN) in a 77-65 win per @tchoopsczar
- Scout issued their latest 2014 rankings, of interest: PF Chris McCullough #3 pos, #12 ovr; SG Jared Terrell #6 pos; SG Rashad Vaughn #6 pos
- Need all the information on players expected to visit the #Cyclones this weekend? Here it is: http://t.co/klca2mx2 #CycloneNation
- UConn will watch St. Benedict's (NJ) w/ 2013 PF Isaiah Watkins, 2013 PG Tyler Ennis & others today per @TheRecruitScoop
- Here's a story from @ebosshoops from today that mentions '14 Rashad Lindsey (visiting this weekend) – http://t.co/Uc0EMoIc
- Details on all of this weekends' visitors for the #Cyclones vs #Jayhawks game on Saturday – http://t.co/klca2mx2
- 2013 G Jason Boswell (Trinity Catholic, CT) had 18 points, 10 rebounds & 4 assists tonight via @TheRecruitScoop
- Drexel watched 2013 Shamiek Sheppard (South Shore, NY) tonight once again per @NYPost_Brazille – Drexel has offered
- 2013 SG Matt Thomas had 17 points for Onalaska (WI) tonight in a 67-33 win over Tomah (WI) via @ny2lasports – Thomas will visit Iowa St tmrw
- 2014 F Rashad Vaughn had 25 points tonight for Robbinsdale Cooper (MN) per @ny2lasports
- 2014 PG Tyus Jones had 21 points to lead Apple Valley (MN) to a 63-59 win tonight w/ Michigan State assistant in the crowd per reports
- 2015 G Marshawn Wilson (Tartan, MN) will be visiting Iowa St tomorrow via @RyanJamesMN – He's was previously referred to as Marshawn Lunch
- 2012 Iowa State commit Georges Niang led Tilton (NH) to a 77-56 win tonight scoring 31 points; Selden had 19 pts & Noel had 13 pts/13 reb
Plenty of names bring thrown about on who is going to take in the big game this weekend between Iowa State and Kansas as unofficial visitors. Here’s the latest ’confirmed’ list and some information about each individual.
2013 SG Matt Thomas - Thomas will make another visit to Iowa State this weekend, showing that Iowa State is still a likely favorite of the smooth-shooting guard out of Onalaska, Wisconsin. Thomas recently spoke with Chris Monter of GopherHole after one of his latest performances, they talked Wisconsin, Virginia, Minnesota and of course Iowa State. Read the entire story here.
2014 PG Rashad Lindsey - Lindsey hails from the St. Louis, MO area and attends MICDS (Mary Institute & Saint Louis Country Day School). The 5’10″ guard is said to be aggressive on both ends of the floor and currently lists Iowa State as his only official offer, but is receiving interest from Indiana, Wichita State and Missouri among others as reported by this Scout, Inc. story just before Christmas. Lindsey is currently averaging 13.8 ppg, 2.3 assists per game & 1.5 steals per game while being the leading 3 point shooter (21-58, 36%) for the MICDS Rams that currently lead the St. Louis Metro Standings.
2014 SF Robin Thompson - A teammate of Rashad Lindsey is also making the trek to Ames for the weekend, the 6’5″ forward currently 8.9 ppg while shooting a solid 60.8% from the field. Also takes 6.1 rebounds per game and just over 2 blocks down low to lead the team. Thompson may still have some growth left in him, growing 2″ for his sophomore campaign.
2014 G Andre Wallace - The guard leads the Eden Prairie (MN) basketball team as a sophomore and is drawing interest from Iowa State and other regional schools, currently averaging 16.2 ppg. He’s reported to be a true point guard, showing quickness and good speed while pushing the ball up and down the court for the team. Last fall ESPN indicated that he could finish in true point guard fashion by either laying it up himself or putting one of his teammates in great position and getting the ball to them for the finish. This will be Wallace’s third visit to Iowa State per reports.
2014 SF Reid Travis - Leading the DeLaSalle team this year with 18 ppg and was also the varsity quarterback for the football team this year Travis is an all-around athlete. Travis currently has offers from Northwestern & Creighton per Rivals, but is also receiving interest from a multitude of other D1 schools including Iowa, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Gonzaga, Florida State and Michigan State. Iowa State may be showing more recent interest in the sophomore, who has already taken an unofficial visit to Wisconsin earlier this year.
2015 PG Jarvis Johnson - The freshman has already made some noise touring with the Minnesota Pump N Run AAU team this past summer, finding himself on the ESPNU Top 100 watch list. Johnson plays alongside with Reid Travis for DeLaSalle near Minneapolis, averaging 6.7 points per game. While their isn’t much of a list out there for Johnson at the moment, given his hype the list sure looks to be large by the time the freshman reaches his junior and senior year.
Others have been rumored to be attending this weekends’ game as well, however either no confirmation has been made or information is unknown, those include 2014 F Rashad Vaughn and another player mentioned by Alex Kline (Marshawn Lunch) that I’ve been unable to track down. Keep up with the latest on any changes by following on Twitter.
- 2014 F Abdul-Malik Abu (Kimball Union, MA) had 19 points & 11 rebounds last night in a team victory
- Check out the latest story on ’13 SG Matt Thomas on why he’s the Iceman for Onalaska (WI) from @news8ryan – http://t.co/XuQRaGmg
- Updated 2014 Recruit List for the #Cyclones w/ the addition of 6’9″ PF Robert Harris that Iowa State watched yesterday: http://t.co/SvxxKA7J
- A new Q&A from @GopherHole on 2013 SG Matt Thomas, includes talk on Fred Hoiberg & the #Cyclones – http://t.co/HxsTaYLL
- RT @ChrisMWilliams Per Matt Thomas: The 2013 Wisc. prospect will be at the Iowa State/KU game this weekend. #Cyclones
- Visitors for this weekend so far: ’13 Matt Thomas, ’14 Rashad Lindsey & ’14 Rashad Vaughn. More are possible.. #Cyclones
- More visitors for this weekend: Andre Wallace, Robin Thompson, Reid Travis, Jarvis Johnson & Marshawn Lunch per @TheRecruitScoop #Cyclones
- 2013 SG Chris Thomas still hopes to enter D1 program for 2013-14 & Iowa St is still recruiting per @AdamZagoria story: http://t.co/xtBCTiN8
- 2013 PG Monte Morris (Flint Beecher, MI) had 20 points, 12 rebounds, 8 assists & 5 steals last night
- 2013 PF Toby Hegner (Berlin, WI) had 24 points & 12 rebounds last night in a team victory
- Quick update on Georges Niang, scoring his 2000th point & other accomplishments from @FinkelsteinNERR – http://t.co/hnKhDGHX #Cyclones
- 2013 PF Chris McCullough (Salisbury, CT) had 19 points & 10 rebounds last night per @TheRecruitScoop
- Scout released their latest class of 2013 rankings today, check out where Iowa State’s interests are: http://t.co/Goik0pAU #Cyclones
- A note from @EvanDanielscout – 2013 SG Matt Thomas was just outside the 100 & could break through by next update
- Iowa State commit Georges Niang gets mention for his work ethic as a big man from @HoopConsultants: http://t.co/ljWWz7Av
- ESPN releases new Top 60 for 2013 & Top 25 for 2014; the rest continue to update… Only Iowa St interest is ’14 PG Chris McCullough at #12
- An ESPN Insider article on 2013 SG Matt Thomas (Onalaska, WI) – http://t.co/hxenzzyH
- ’13 Matt Thomas indicates he wants a ‘strong relationship with the coaching staff” & “opportunity to play my freshman or sophomore year”
- Iowa State saw 2014 F Robert Harris (Milwaukee Riverside, WI) practice today per @TheRecruitScoop
- Iowa St offer – MT @TheRecruitScoop 2013 Pope John XXIII (NJ) PF Jermaine Lawrence added to Underclassmen team for the Mary Kline Classic
Scout, Inc. released it’s latest class of 2013 Top 100 rankings this morning, want to know where Iowa State’s interested ended up? Read on…
PG Tyler Ennis (St. Benedict’s Prep, NJ) ended up at #18 overall, up six spots from #24. Ennis has many suitors including Iowa State and thus far has not eliminated any teams from his list.
SF Byron ‘Bo’ Zeigler dropped 10 spots on the list, down to #47. Zeigler has an Iowa State offer.
PG Monte Morris (Flint Beecher, MI) moved up a spot from #50 to his new spot at #49. Morris has been producing great numbers this year, including a triple-double just a few weeks ago. Iowa State watched Morris on December 27 and has been in contact since, including just after his triple-double.
SG Terrence Samuel remained at #59 in the rankings. The South Shore (NY) guard has included a few new teams in his recruiting process over the season, however hasn’t disputed that Iowa State is still his favorite.
C Kyle Washington (Hotchkiss, CT) makes his way onto the Top 100 list, debuting at #84. Washington took an unofficial visit to Iowa State over the Christmas holiday break and gave the Cyclones high reviews. His list of offers and schools interested is long, including Iowa State, Baylor, Florida, Iowa, Louisville, Marquette, Miami, Minnesota, Notre Dame, Penn State, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Xavier and more.
A few other notes:
SG Matt Thomas (Onalaska, WI) makes his debut on the position rankings, ranked as the #22 shooting guard in the class of 2013. Evan Daniels (Scout, Inc.) made a comment that Thomas will be one to watch this spring as he is just outside the Top 100 overall and with a solid showing through the rest of this season could break into the Top 100 for the next update.
PF/C Maverick Morgan (Springboro, OH) makes his debut on the position rankings as well, as the #15 center.
Look at the rankings in their entirety: Scout Top 100 – Class of 2013
- 2013 SG Chris Thomas has enrolled at Chipola Junior College (Marianna, FL) per @DaveTelep
- Watch Georges Niang! RT @TiltonBVHoops Great news – Our last 3 home games will be live on the internet at http://t.co/aHUMDCRF #Cyclones
- Iowa State commit Georges Niang continues his rise in ESPN Rankings, now #69 overall in latest update: http://t.co/pjQ2DQUJ #Cyclones
- 2014 SG Jared Terrell (New Hampton, NH) received an offer from St. John’s today – Iowa State has shown interest in Terrell
- ’13 PG Jaylen Brantley lists Syracuse, UF, ‘Ville, G’town, Cincy, Ga Tech, Va Tech, UVA, Richmond, URI, Iowa St, Mizzou, UConn per @EyeOnCBB
- Iowa State commit Georges Niang ends up at #68 overall in latest ESPN Class of 2012 rankings after all the updating is done. #Cyclones
- Abdul-Malik Abu lists Iowa St, New Hampshire, UMass, Wisconsin, Mich St, Providence, Rutgers, Cincy, Tenn. & Oklahoma per @TheRecruitScoop
- An update from @TheRecruitScoop on 2014 SG Jared Terrell (Iowa St interest) & 2014 F Abdul-Malik Abu (Iowa St offer) – http://t.co/DP8EKfty
- 2014 PG Tyus Jones finished w/ 22 pts and 4 asts as Apple Valley (MN) loses 68-54 per @tchoopsczar
- 2013 PG Monte Morris had 17 points, 11 rebounds & 9 assists tonight for Flint Beecher (MI)
- 2014 G/F Rashad Vaughn had 28 points tonight for Robbinsdale Cooper (MN) in a 68-54 win per @ny2lasports
- Iowa State commit Nkereuwem Okoro had 15 points, 14 rebounds, 6 assists & 7 blocks for St. Raymond’s (NY) tonight
- 2013 PF Maverick Morgan had 24 points & 4 blocks tonight for Springboro (OH) with Illinois HC Bruce Weber in attendance
- 2013 PG Jaylen Brantley (Wilbraham & Monson, MA) received an offer from Georgia today.
- New game highlights available of 2012 Iowa State commit Sherron Dorsey-Walker – http://t.co/V6NQsB1P #Cyclones
- New game highlights video including 2013 SF Martez Walker (Detroit Pershing) now available – http://t.co/bndNVTJO
- New game highlights of Detroit Community, including 2013 SF Byron 'Bo' Zeigler (Iowa State offer) – http://t.co/URh3cQiN